Direct Support Professional (On Call)
Anka is looking for a kind and flexible on call Direct Support Professionals to join our team at the Anka Weston Ranch facility in Stockton, CA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Weston Ranch Home is a safe, supportive, step-down home for four adults with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges, including substance use. In response, the care, support and supervision provided at the Anka Weston Ranch Home are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The DSP will provide rehabilitative support services at Anka Weston Ranch, which is a safe, supportive, step-down home for four adults with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges- including substance use.
This is a 24/7 facility so different shifts are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team and assist in the evaluation, assessment, treatment and discharge planning for each resident.
- Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of residents
- Assist residents with habit training and hygiene
- Maintain and upkeep the beds, clothing and living areas of the residents
- Work with workshop staff and others to provide comprehensive program for the residents.
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferred: Six months experience working with developmentally disabled adults in a residential setting, working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
Preferred: DSP I, DSP II, or CPT certificates.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER: We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.