Licensed Vocational Nurse/ Licensed Psych Technician
Anka is looking for kind and flexible full time (non exempt) LPT/LVN to join our team at Nierika House in Concord, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
In operation for over 30 years, Nierika House is one of Anka’s oldest and most beloved programs. Anka’s Nierika House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Nierika House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 30 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION : Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, the LPT?LVN will provide rehabilitative support services to individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide daily nursing services such as client care, individual counseling, medication support, and case management.
- Participate in updating of treatment plans, administering medications, and monitoring interactions
- Chart and report any significant changes in condition and general progress of clients
- Administer, monitor and take inventory of medications
- Experience in the mental health field
- Possession of a valid California license to practice as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician, issued by the California Board of Psychiatric Technician Examiners, current and in good standing.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance and obtain FBI/DOJ fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more