Anka is looking for a kind and flexible paid full time Clinician Intern to join our team at Anka Lodi in Lodi, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Anka Lodi is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program that supports the needs of adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis, including providing treatment and support for people with co-occurring substance use disorders. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Anka Lodi is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator, and clinical supervision of the Regional Director participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a 16-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all CCL, DMH and Medi-Cal regulations for treatment, federal, state, local and contract obligations as related to clients and clinical and treatment issues.
- Comply with CCL, DMH and Medi-Cal as well as Anka Program Standards and be responsible for timely and accurate charting that meets Medi-Cal and Quality Assurance Standards.
- Comply with all contractual obligations with the County, Medi-Cal, State and Federal, as well as Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Act as primary counselor when directed by supervisor.
- Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, develop, coordinate, implement and monitor individual service plans including weekly progress notes and discharge planning.
- Coordinate with persons involved in client treatment, including but not limited to: parents, physicians, case manager, job coach and treatment coordinators to ensure continuity of client care and the goal of social rehabilitation.
- Coordinate with staff and/or clients, psychiatrists, counseling staff, and appropriate persons in the clients’ living situation in the monitoring of clients’ medications, when directed.
- Maintain log of “intern hours” and meet with clinical supervisor as required by either BBS or BOP regulations.
- Complete the necessary personnel related paperwork and forms in a timely manner as requested by administrative personnel.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Job description subject to change without notice based on needs of Agency/Program.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.
Education: Must be a registered MFTI, ASW, or post doc Psychology Intern.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more