Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker -On Call
Anka is looking for kind and flexible On-Call Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers to join our team at Grant House in Stockton, CA.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Grant House is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Unlike programs that are held in a psychiatric unit or hospital-like facility, Grant House is held in a natural home setting in order to better engage the individual in the recovery process. A maximum of 15 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 1-21 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator, participate in the operation of a 15-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically acute or sub-acute adults who have, or may be at risk of, a co-occurring disorder and require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibility of a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker is to provide a safe, secure environment within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. Perform a broad range of tasks while developing clinical proficiency, teamwork, coordination, and liaison skills. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as role model for all clients and be an integral part of providing stability and structure of the therapeutic milieu.
- Complete admission packets on clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, treatment plan and getting all required signatures.
- Assist clients in following a daily schedule in accordance with individual treatment/ discharge plans.
- Work as a respectful and professional member of a treatment team.
- Complete and date clinical charting in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards.
- Participate in planning, development, and implementation of a cohesive treatment program and assure that the program operates as scheduled and is in keeping with the structure, rules, and philosophy of the program.
- Provide supervision of clients, maintain therapeutic milieu involving the clients in necessary aspects of the program. Have a working knowledge of, and provide crisis prevention and intervention. Be able to operate effectively in a crisis.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post-secondary education is preferred. B.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred. Alcohol and Drug counseling certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, substance abuse or related field is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.