Direct Support Professionals - On Call
Anka is looking for kind and flexible On Call DSPs to join our team at the Anka Clover Creek facility in Redding, CA.ABOUT ANKA:
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services in a 5-bed community, highly structured adult residential care facility for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges age 18-59. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each resident.
- Provide direct care, training and supervision to the residents as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Facility Program Design and Training Schedule.
- Be familiar with each resident's IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
- Assist residents with habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist and encourage the residents in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living.
- Administer treatments and special diets as ordered by physician.
- Observe resident conditions and behaviors, documenting in resident records significant issues as they occur and notifying administrator/ director and/ or physician as needed. Report any occurrences to on-coming shift, if appropriate.
- Help create a safe, therapeutic, and home-like environment.
ANKA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Minorities/Consumers/Former Clients are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications: Eighteen years of age or older.
Education and Experience: Must meet Title 17 and Title 22 requirements. Six months experience working with developmentally disabled, preferably adults, in a residential setting working with persons that are dually diagnosed with behaviors that may impact health and safety.
License Required: Possession of DSP I, DSP II, CPT certificates, child abuse index clearance, and TB clearance prior to provision of services. A valid California Driver's License - Class IIB. Proof of current auto insurance.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 days paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan, LTD and ADD.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more