Direct Support Professionals - Part Time (A)
Anka has multiple openings for Direct Support Professionals (DSP) at our Taylor Home facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Part-time positions now available!!!
Days/Hours: Weekday PM, weekend, and NOC shifts (32 hours)
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM: Taylor Home is a specialized residential program that provides care, supervision, and support for four children, ages 6-17, who have intellectual disabilities. Staff provide specialized care based on each child’s strengths, challenges, interests, and goals and assist them in developing adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), activities of daily living, and confidence levels through a variety of daily home and community activities.
ABOUT THE POSITION. We need motivated individuals who want to help children and adults with intellectual disabilities and behavioral challenges in our residential programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervision and support for each client as determined by their individual service plan and behavioral plan.
- Assist clients in basic self-help skills, daily living skills, adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- Act as an appropriate role model for clients by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
- Prepare meals and snacks and engage clients in meal preparation tasks to the extent that they choose to participate.
- Supervise and escort clients to medical and dental appointments, community outings, and other activities.
- MUST OBTAIN DSP 1 & 2 CERTIFICATION WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF HIRING
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education in social work or related field preferred.
Experience: 1 year of experience providing care to persons with disabilities in a residential treatment setting.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to pass pre-employment background screening, TB testing and obtain DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER:We value our employees and provide competitive benefit and health plans in addition to a matching 401k Retirement plan.
ABOUT ANKA: Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.