Substance Abuse Screener (Concord)
Anka is looking for kind and flexible on call Substance Abuse Screener to join our team at HOPE Concord in Concord, Ca.
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. For over 40 years, we have provided caring, dependable, and professional community behavioral health and social service programs that serve nearly 15,000 individuals throughout California and Michigan each year. Please visit our website at www.ankabhi.org for more information.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: HOPE Concord is a program that provides Mental Health and AOD treatment to individuals on U.S. probation.
The days/hours: 3 Days/Month/On Call Position.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Administrator, provides observed Urine Specimen Collection for clients at the Hope program in concord. Relief worker will be responsible for all procedures defined by the US Probation. UA tester will perform documentation procedures and participate as member of the Hope Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in the program and become an integral part of the therapeutic milieu, and participate as a member of the team.
- Conduct observed and unobserved Urine Specimen Collection according to Procedures.
- Work as a member of a treatment team with other staff and have a clinical understanding of, and therapeutic relationship with, all clients to facilitate an integrated, cohesive, coordinated and supportive treatment approach.
- Act as a role model within the therapeutic milieu and participate as a member of the treatment team.
- Develop cross-cultural awareness of culturally-diverse client population and apply appropriate interventions in assisting them with socio-cultural issues.
- Complete documentation in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Probation and program guidelines.
Thank you for your interest! To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
EDUCATION: Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent. Certified addiction specialist a plus.
EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year experience working with individuals with substance abuse disorders and forensic involvement. Have a clinical and working knowledge of crisis intervention and prevention
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing with proof of current auto insurance. Ability to pass pre-employment background check, Med/TB clearance.