Board Certified Behavior Analyst - Full Time
Anka is looking for a Board Certified Behavior Analyst for three new Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes in the San Jose area to serve individuals with Intellectual Disabilities.
This is a full time position with flexible hours
DEFINITION: The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will provide an array of behavioral services for adult consumers with intellectual disabilities as well as provide supervision and training for direct care staff and Registered Behavior Technicians in Anka’s residential programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide behavioral analysis consultation as specified.
2. Submit a timesheet on a semi-monthly basis. Timesheets shall show staff training, consumers (initials) reviewed or assessed, and other coordinated services required.
3. Complete an Evaluation/ Assessment following admission to gather information needed to complete consumer Behavioral Intervention Plan. Experience in the use of criterion and norm referenced assessment tests highly preferred.
4. Develop Behavioral Intervention Plan within 2 weeks of consumer admission.
5. Provide timely submission of all reports in accordance to regulatory standards.
6. Provide training to all staff on behavioral plans that have been developed for consumers.
7. Provide face-to-face behavioral consultation with consumers to monitor effectiveness of Behavioral Intervention Plan.
9. Participate in multi-disciplinary team meeting at a minimum of once per month to review consumers progress and discuss Behavioral Intervention Plan and any possible changes to the plan.
10. Develop skills training programs in areas that enhance the quality of life and independence for consumers that include functional communication, social skills and community integration, and adaptive daily living
11. Provide training's to all staff on skills training plans developed for consumers.
12. Provide backup behavioral consultation for any periods of unavailability.
13. Review and interpret behavioral data and modify consumer's Behavioral Intervention Plan as needed.
14. Develop Discharge Plan as needed to include how gains can be maintained and behavioral plans can be generalized to environment consumer is discharging to.
15. Provide timely and accurate clinical charting, records review and instruction in accordance with PPI Policies and Procedures.
16. All documentation must be legible if hand written, otherwise computerized.
17. Obey all federal, state, and local laws and Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
18. Perform all other duties and responsibilities required by Anka Behavioral Health, Inc.
Job Descriptions are subject to change without notice based on needs of Agency/ Program.
Professional License Required: LCSW, MFT or Licensed Psychologist - current qualified in California in good standin; BCBA or BCBA-D in good standing with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Education: Minimum Masters Degree in social, health, behavioral sciences or related field required.
Experience: Four (4) years experience in mental health work. Understanding how to participate on a professional/paraprofessional team. Experience in implementing activities and skills training in a psycho-social setting. Knowledge and experience in recognition of evidence based treatment modalities for adults who have developmental disabilities, mental illness, and behavioral issues, and therapeutic milieus.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to establish excellent rapport with consumers and staff.Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English in a clear and concise manner. Ability to plan, organize, and work in a specialized psychological treatment program involving members of other treatment disciplines; provide professional consultation and program leadership; teach and participate in professional training; recognize situations requiring the creative application of technical skills/ develop and evaluate creative approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of individuals with individuals who have developmental disabilities, mental illness and behavioral issues; demonstrate emotional stability, patience, tact, and alertness.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift 10 pounds approximately 3 times per week. Ability to drive safely in heavy traffic and inclement weather.
Mental Abilities: Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to manage difficult population. Requires good judgement.
Employment is contingent upon meeting all Title 17 requirements, proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age or over, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory health exam, fingerprint clearance, agree to uphold all Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Policies and Procedures, 7.10 Confidentiality Agreement, 8.9 Policy on Ethics, and agree (by signature) to adhere to 16.0 & 16.1 Policy on Abuse Reporting, compliance with Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Policies, and compliance with 28.0 HIPAA Rules and Regulations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- 11 Paid time off for holidays and generous vacation plan
- Employer paid life insurance plan.
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses.
- Discounts, appreciation events, and more
Work for an organization where every day is an opportunity to change lives! Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) is a non-profit organization with the mission to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website at http://www.ankabhi.org for more information. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!